Why do we call this fudge unbelievable? Because that’s what people say when they try this fudge. Unbelievable. This is partly because they can’t stop eating it (yes, it IS that good). But mostly because they flat-out refuse to believe we made it without refined sugar! Healthy fudge? Especially healthy fudge that tastes delicious, sweet and rich? Unbelievable.
As with all of our recipes, this recipe can be made vegan without any loss of flavor. Gluten-free and paleo, it is an easy dessert for those with alternative diets!
- 6 oz unsweetened chocolate (higher than 80%, or unsweetened)
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cups dates (medjool or deglet noor)
- ½ cup half and half/coconut cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Soak dates in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain well, pressing excess water from dates.
- Process dates and cream until smooth.
- Heat chocolate and oil using a double boiler method, whisk until combined, let cool.
- Combine all ingredients and salt to taste (about 1 tsp).
- Pour fudge in a wax paper lined pan (8×8) and refrigerate for 3+ hours.
- Cut fudge in small squares! Enjoy!