Amazing Anything Bread
What if we told you we had a magical recipe that could be used for breakfast sandwiches, hamburgers, biscuits, dinner rolls, focaccia, and much, much more? Just a few tweaks allow this basic recipe to become whatever you need– in 30 minutes or less!
Our philosophy in cooking is flexibility. We craft our recipes to be simple, delicious, and CHANGEABLE! Often our flexibility is to account for dietary restrictions, but our basic bread recipe is designed to suit the meal we are cooking that day. Herbs, spices, and the amount of wet ingredients make all the difference.
For a list of our favorite flavors, scroll down to the bottom!
- 2 cups regular/gf flour (Our favorite is Namaste brand)
- 4 tbsp butter (vegan works well!) or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk (1 tbsp apple cider vinegar +milk (regular, soy, or coconut))
Yield: 4 buns or 6 biscuit/dinner rolls
- Preheat oven to 350
- Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add apple cider vinegar to milk, let sit.
- Add oil or cut in cold butter to dry mixture.
- Knead until course.
- Add buttermilk and stir until incorporated.
- Pour batter in parchment lined 8×8 glass baking dish and cook for 15-30 for full recipe, put batter in parchment lined bread pan and cook for 15-20 minutes if making a half recipe.
If cooking for only two, cut the ingredients in half and cook in a bread pan. Allow bread to cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing. If making buns for burgers, add sesame seeds to the top!
Reduce the amount of oil to 2 tbsp, and reduce buttermilk by ¼ cup, form dough in to balls and cook on parchment lined cookie sheet. If too dry, add small amounts of oil until dough forms.
Line muffin tins with liners, fill ⅔ of the way full and bake as usual. Half-way through cooking, baste with milk (regular or alternative).
Tuscan Italian Bread
- 1 tbsp dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp diced onions
- 2 tsp crushed garlic (dried or fresh)
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp black pepper
Saute onions in oil/butter from the bread recipe until soft, toss in dried tomatoes and crushed garlic. Cook until onions are golden brown. Add along with basil and black pepper to basic bread recipe!
Simple Rosemary Bread
- 3 tsp rosemary chopped (fresh or dried)
- 1 tsp basil leaves
- ½ tsp black pepper
Simple Italian Bread
- 3 basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp majoram
- ½ tsp cilantro
- ½ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp savory
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
Garlic Cheesy Bread
- 2 tbsp crushed garlic (fresh is preferred, but dried will work)
- ½ cup cheese (blend of mozzarella, cheddar, pepper jack, parmesan, and/or romano)
- if vegan, omit cheese and add ¼ cup nutritional yeast and 1 tsp salt.
Honey Oat Bread
- add 2 tbsp honey
- reduce flour by ½ cup and add ½ cup rolled oats
Sweet Potato Bread
- ½ cup baked sweet potato, mashed
- ½ cup crushed pecans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- omit butter/oil