Açai bowls are a great way to start the morning! Packed full of antioxidants, protein and hidden veggies, these bowls are a powerhouse breakfast meal. The protein helps you “break-your-fast” (breakfast) by providing sustained energy to carry you through lunch. Customize your toppings to your needs and taste buds!
Antioxidants are key to life-long health, as they combat free radicals that we all encounter in daily life. Free radicals develop from the sun, ordinary cellular functions, detoxification, and daily exposure to toxins.
Spinach is a source of minerals and micronutrients. By using frozen spinach, the flavor is masked by the açai and the frozen aspect adds to this deliciously cold treat. Plus, kids and picky adults alike won’t notice that you snuck some veggies into their morning meal!
Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1 package of frozen açai puree
- 1 cup coconut milk (any regular/alternative milk will work)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Cocoa nibs
- Seeds (hemp, sunflower, chia, flax seeds, etc.)
- Chopped nuts (cashews, pecans, walnuts, almonds, pistachios, macadamia, etc.)
- Dried fruit (cranberries, figs, apricots, etc.)
- Add all base ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour blended base into a bowl and added your favorite toppings to enjoy with a spoon!
Tips and Tricks
- Frozen blueberries can be swapped for mixed berries, tropical mix of pineapple, mango and papaya, blackberries, bananas, etc.
- Coconut milk can be replaced with any alternative/regular milk or juice. Almond, soy, hemp, hazelnut, cashew…
- The vanilla protein powder that we use is made by Orgain. Organic, GMO-free, and plant-based. Mix and match your favorite toppings and frozen fruit combinations!